Happy halloween! I am updating this recipe/post because I just LOVE THESE SUCKERS. Friend approved. Boyfriend approved. Roommate approved. & body approved!! (lol)
I recently was given the opportunity to take some fun photos with them with Beschell Photography— my friend Ashley 🙂 SO I had to add ’em in!
Lets see if you can spot the difference between MY phone photos, and um, HER LENSE photos. Seriously, its hilarious.
First of all- HAPPY (early) HALLOWEEN!!!! It is one of my favorite holidays, so I HAD to make a pumpkin treat for you all. And when I say you all, I apparently mean me, because OMG THESE ARE SO GOOD, ITS BEEN HARD NOT TO EAT THEM ALL AT ONCE. Not joking.
I decided to share this post early due to the number of people who reached out to me asking for the recipe!! And hey, its only fair to share this so you can have these goodies ready for some Halloween celebrations! But thanks guys for making me feel cool.
Today has been one of those days where your body needs more rest, more calories, and more carbs than normal. Hey- I’m not complaining. And coincidentally it is cold, cloudy, (I could be getting sick), AND as I was typing this it started to snow. OH DENVER. This is pretty convenient for my lack of walking outside today. To add to this, I have another (LAST FLIGHT OUT FOR A WHILE) flight tonight out of DIA… lets see that not get delayed. So I have been resting, working, eating (these bombs as well as bone broth, veggies, sweet potato chips… the list continues hehe), and hoping for an immunity boost all day.
Guys I love halloween, so obviously I’m dressing up because duh. First night I am going to be an airline attendant (since I’m always flying) and the second night a deer (paired with my boyfriend as a pilot and a hunter). Because obviously there are two nights of ‘Halloween’ that don’t fall on October 31st. Whatever, let me have my fun!
Well, without further chatter, here is the magnificent recipe!!! I really hope you guys try/like them… seriously send me pictures if you make them because I am damn PROUD of these.
NO-BAKE PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE BOMBS (makes about 17)
Need: freezer, pan, mini parchment baking cups, food processor
1/2 cup cashews (soaked in 1/2 cup filtered water)
1/2 tbsp salted butter (I used Kerrygold)
2 tbsp coconut butter
2 tbsp coconut cream
2 tbsp pumpkin puree
1.5 tsp pumpkin pie spice
2 pinches sea salt
1.5 tbsp honey
For the ‘chocolate’:
3 tbsp coconut oil
3 tbsp coconut butter
3 tsp cocoa powder (unsweetened)
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 pinches sea salt
1. Soak cashews for about 1.5 hours. Remove water. Place butter onto a pan with cashews, constantly stirring, until starting to brown- set aside off the heat.
2. Next, place the coconut butter, coconut cream, and pumpkin puree over medium heat on a pan, continuously mixing, or else it will burn! Mix until everything has become well incorporated, starting too look almost like a nacho cheese (ew, but haha). Remove from pan and place into a bowl.
3. Add the salt and pumpkin pie spice to the bowl, set aside.
4. Next, take the cashews and place into the food processor until you get a crumbly texture.
5. Then, add the bowl of filling into the processor. Lightly process until well incorporated. Finally, add the honey, and mix until even throughout. It should look like this lovely mess.
6. Place bowl in fridge or feezer to firm.
7. Place all the ‘chocolate’ ingredients over heat (just enough to melt), mix well. Pour half of the mixture into the bottom of the baking cups, freeze until hardened.
8. Finally, spoon the firmed filling into the cups. Cover wit remaining ‘chocolate’ freeze until hardened. THEN ENJOY!!!!!
Are they perfectly beautiful? No. IS ANYTHING? HELL NO. These are so good-I seriously couldn’t stop eating them….
I hope you make these treats and INDULGE on this wonderful holiday!!
Hope your weekend and Halloween are filled with more treats then tricks 🙂
Ps. Stay warm Denver, and stay cool CA!